You will agree with me that a good number of women struggle with their belly and desire to have a flat stomach at least if not a six-pack. It might not be easy especially if you do not have an abs workout program to help you through the process. Don’t just think that doing sit-ups for a whole month will do the trick. Just doing one type of exercise is the main cause why people are not getting results as the body goes into a steady state. The abdominal has external and internal obliques and upper and lower abdominal. You have to focus on exercises that engage a group of muscles around your abdominal to achieve overall success.
Here are some 4 incredible workouts that will tone that stubborn abdominal and boost your confidence.
- Use a mat and lie down on your back with hands behind your head and fingers lightly supporting it.
- With shoulder blades off the ground, start with the right foot and bring it to touch the left elbow. Return it back and bring the left foot to touch the right elbow.
- Now do this continuously assuming you’re riding a bicycle on the air.
- Do 10 repeats.
- On a mat lie down on your back with hands stretched or behind your head.
- Raise your legs up and bend your knees to form a 90 degrees angle.
- Lift your hips off the ground while contracting your abdominal muscles maintaining your knees at 90 degrees and close to the head.
- Maintain this position for few seconds then lower down slowly.
- Do 10 repeats.
- Go down assuming the dog position with your hands and knees.
- Stretch out one hand in front and opposite leg backward as you balance with the ones on the ground.
- As you hold this position your hips and shoulders should be parallel to each other.
- Hold for 10 seconds and return to start position.
- Repeat 5 times on each alternate knees and hands. Do two sets of 10 exercises.
Pointing Side Plank
- Start by lying down on your left side. Using your elbow and feet for support lift your hips off the ground.
- Stack your legs with the feet at the bottom slightly pointing out.
- Stretch your right hand up to a pointing position for balance.
- Hold this position for 20 to 30 seconds then back to start position.
- Turn onto your right side and repeat. Increase the intervals gradually until minutes you’re comfortable with.
Choose an abs workout program that focuses on all the four groups of the abdominal muscles separately to make sure that you’re engaging them and be assured that you will see results in contrary to doing isolation workout that leads you frustrated and feel like it was a waste of your time and money. Make sure you hydrate well before and after a workout as lack of proper hydration leads to muscle soreness and fatigue.