Combination of HIIT and Weight Lifting is not something that could strike your mind when you think about High Intensity Interval Training. So you may be a bit surprise when you would find out that how these two go well together. While this could be the case, with weight lifting and HIIT done separately being rather demanding, extra effort need to be taken when done together. If you are thinking to perform HIIT and weight lifting at the same time, you need to know the effects and benefits of each training method.
The effects of HIIT and Weight Lifting:
- HIIT and Weight lifting, both deliver a random means of building muscle tone, endurance and strength, burning calories and body mass and achieving effective cardio training.
- High Intensity Interval Training has the added bonus of enhancing your body’s supply of Human Growth Hormone or HGH.
- Human Growth Hormone usually works to burn body fat faster, stimulates your muscle development and also slows down the aging process.
The perfect food habits:
- Two vital food groups, you would never try to skimp when you are doing HIIT and Weight lifting, and these food groups are carbohydrates and protein.
- Carbohydrates are required to restore glycogen, which is exhausted during the training session. Proteins are required to build up your muscles, as well.
- Fats and fibers are also very essential to keep the level of your body energy up. Fresh fruits, vegetables, whole grains, nuts could provide you the magical benefit. You have to drink a plenty of water that could hydrate yourself.
The real techniques:
- HIIT and weight lifting training should not be exaggerated.
- Your whole body and muscle would demand some time to recover between the training sessions, while performing either one of them. When you are doing HIIT and Weight Lifting at the same time you need to be more restricted. Don’t jump into the conclusion that extra session or extra time would work faster for you.
- You must aim for 3 combined HIIT and Weight Lifting training session each week.
- Though there is no such specific routine for combining HIIT and Weight Lifting training at the same time, but you can follow some steps:
The Right Selection of Equipments:
- You must select your equipment wisely. You can get a very short rest while doing HIIT, so you just can’t switch from doing dumbbells or barbells, no time for you.
- Try to use light weights. HIIT and weight lifting training include many reps, so a little risk factor is there to get injured. Try to start with using light weights like 2lb-3lb or may be 5lb, if only you are comfortable with it.
- You first decide your muscle group to target. HIIT and weight training could target a single muscle group, like chest, and also a multiple muscle group like biceps, triceps, shoulder muscles and also upper back.
- You could do your HIIT for 5 to 30 minutes and increase it slowly while combining the two at a same time.
- Be very wise while choosing your exercises. Concentrate on each and every part of your body parts that includes muscle toning, burning extra fat.