Many people are chasing after the perfect abs workout program without having the right knowledge of how best to go about it. The truth is that everyone has abs, the only difference is that some are covered with fat layers that hide them. The main focus then is to burn overall fat by doing complete body workout, balanced nutrition and lastly a core strengthening and sculpting exercises. Follow these exercises for a great transformation.
- Lie down flat on your back. Use a mat for support.
- Place your hands beside you flat on the ground and eyes focused on the ceiling to avoid strain on the neck.
- Start with bending your knees, and then lift your legs straight up while contracting your abdominals. Contracting keeps your back pressed on the ground hence targets your abs muscles and protects your spine.
- Lower your legs slowly as far as you can go but do not touch the floor; let your goal be an inch off the ground. Keep your back pressed to the ground all through and use your arms to support yourself while keeping them fixed to the ground.
- Lift your legs and back to straightening position.
- Do 3 sets of 10-15 repeats.
- Stand with feet together. Do a lunge with left leg at the back, keeping it straight and right knee bent; pivot a little forward from hips and spread your arms above your head.
- While maintaining the bend in the right knee, bring your left leg in front to chest level, foot stretched, as you lower arms towards your elevated left foot.
- Return to start lunge spot with your arms above the head.
- Do 30 seconds repeats on one side, and then switch sides and repeat.
- Stand straight with feet apart.
- Interlock all your fingers to create a firm grip. Breathe out and swing the locked fingers, shoulders, chest and arms to the right side; assuming rowing a canoe.
- Simultaneously, raise your right leg up and to the left.
- Breathe in and to return to start position.
- Repeat on the other leg and do 20 repeats on each side.
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart and arms beside you.
- Lift your left knee above the waist and slightly to the side.
- You should be standing on your right foot toes.
- Turn your upper body to the left so as to tap the left knee with your hands.
- On toes, return the left foot to the ground and repeat with the other leg.
- Do this continuously for about 60 seconds.
For any abs workout program to be effective, an incorporation of warming up before exercise is crucial just like any other exercise to avoid muscle cramps. Since your aim is to burn body fat, do high intensity cardio like jumping jacks to help in burning fat quickly and effectively; combined with the above abs workouts. You might be asking if sit ups are good. Yes, they are only if combined with other forms of programs and not done in isolation.